Dyskusja: wLE
Podgląd pojedynczego posta
Stary 25.08.2018, 00:35   #41
MajsterPopsuj
Odmrożony leniwiec

Avatar użytkownika MajsterPopsuj

Data rejestracji: 02.03.2018
MajsterPopsuj niedługo stanie się sławny ;) <50 - 149 pkt>MajsterPopsuj niedługo stanie się sławny ;) <50 - 149 pkt>
@DAOUD

Hi,
I wouldn't expect You here. Welcome. It's quite surprise that someone dig this thread up.

None of the programmer can fix this issue. Switching between menus is so slow because skin system in uLE is broken by design. No one designed uLE to read different backgrounds across different menus, and even no one designed it to have multiple app launchers (more than buttons). So, quick solution to this problem was resolved by implementing read multiple configuration files. This generates unnecessary I/O load-up and other slowing downs because of low read speed on MC/USB.

To be honest, in my opinion whole project should be "refactorized" (I don't know the proper word in English, maybe "reforged"?). Skin and CFG system should be a new, and some options moved to modules. But such task demanding great knowledge of PS2 itself, not to mention C which is a relic for new generation of programmers. I don't see chance for that.

Cytat:
Hi, Can we work together to make more skins like this :
It is hard to say but I'm done with any scene releases and related works. I'm sorry.

If You are interesting in making some similar skin, You can grab the project files (Photoshop CS14) and cropped PNGs, which were attached to last PS2 AIO release.
MajsterPopsuj jest offline   Odpowiedz cytując ten post