Podgląd pojedynczego posta
Stary 12.02.2024, 02:44   #1005
Delta8791
Gość

I have the following 3 pioneer models (as listed on serial label) with the indicated stock pioneer firmware:

1) BDR-212V, Rev 1.01, Firmware date 2021-07-20

2) BDR-212DBK, Rev 1.02, Firmware date 2022-03-16

3) BDR-213ULBK, Rev 1.02, Firmware date 2022-04-06

Is it possible to receive a copy of BDRFlash to do the following crossflashes:

BDR-212V and BDR-212DBK --> BDR-S12UHT v1.02 (firmware BDR-S12JBK_UHT_FW102EU.exe)

BDR-213ULBK --> BDR-S13U-X v1.03 (firmware BDR-S13JX_UX_EX_CX_FW103EU.exe)

From what I understand:

1) In all cases, the new model/firmware being crossflashed to:

a) is compatible with the original old model/firmware.

b) will enable BDXL writing and UHD ripping on the drive (using the appropriate software).

c) is dated <= Nov 30, 2022 and thus not among the Pioneer firmwares that prevent crossflashing/downgrading and disable libredrive.

2) I won't be stuck with my choice of crossflashed firmware: if, for some reason I'm unhappy with the results, I can use BDRFlash again to crossflash to a different (compatible) firmware, provided I have the firmware (and kernel) files.

Is this all correct? By all means, please advise if a different model/firmware version would be a better choice for any of the models, especially if I am choosing too high of firmware versions.

Also, I would be doing the crossflashing over a sata to usb y-connector (Vantec CB-ST00U3). Please let me know if this could be problematic and if another connector (or direct sata to pc motherboard) is advisable.

Thanks so much in advance to all the contributors to this excellent forum/topic, especially @blackened2687, who I understand is the OP and creator of the fantastic softwares DVRTool and BDRFlash, and @jadburner for his great and informative posts and helpful guidance!